At Strassburger Tile Perfection, we are proud to be industry-leading experts in tile and grout restoration, grout cleaning, and tile and grout sealing in Ontario. We also provide natural stone and marble tile repair, natural stone polishing and restoration, and commercial ceiling cleaning.
View our current job openings below:
Are you looking for a career change? Looking for something more satisfying?
At Strassburger Tile Perfection, we believe in building a team of hard-working, positive and self-starting leaders to make our company a success. We’ve been in the tile and grout restoration business since 1993, offering a variety of tile and grout services, natural stone cleaning, natural stone repair for residential and commercial customers and commercial cleaning services in Southern Ontario.
We are looking for Stone Restoration Technicians who have a great attitude, ability to learn and a willingness to do whatever is needed to get the job done. We are in a niche market and we are busy all year round (not a seasonal company)! We have a great team and are looking for people with the skills to join our growing team of experienced professionals which is based out of our office in Kitchener, Ontario.
As a Stone Restoration Technician this is a unique opportunity for you to gain experience and to expand your knowledge and skillset. The ideal candidate is interested in learning more about restoration of tile and grout floors, walls, ceilings, and shower stalls. Throughout the shift there is a combination of standing, walking and kneeling.
The night shift technicians will work with a crew on mobile basis providing commercial services to clients at their businesses. The job consists of primarily overnight work from Monday to Thursday, but may include the occasional Friday or Sunday shift.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to engage clients and resolve client concerns in a friendly and professional manner
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency
- Execute timely completion of assigned work tasks and take pride in your work
- Drive company vehicle to/from shop to/from work site locations
- Load and unload equipment and supplies from the vehicle at the shop and on the work site
- Keep a clean and neat jobsite at all times leaving a first-class impression of our work
- Ensure that the vehicle is fully stocked with all the supplies and equipment needed for the day
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Manage and maintain company assets that is consistent with business image and expectations
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in the masonry or tile setting industry
- Experience in the custodial industry is a plus, but not required
- High school education (minimum)
- A valid class G driver’s license in good standing
- Must be punctual, reliable and have a flexible work schedule
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Practical knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Practical knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- You’re a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude
- You have a Get ‘Er Done attitude, never satisfied until the job is done – and done right
- You’re well organized and able to work well individually and as part of a team
- You’re comfortable in high-pressure situations – this is not a cake walk
- You’re a leader who is willing to strive to be your best
- If this sounds like you – we can’t wait to hear from you!
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation (hourly rate) and benefits package. Additionally, we offer reimbursement for clothing and work boots.
Before applying, the candidate should know that:
- All tools and equipment are supplied
- All training is provided once hired
- Safety training is provided on-site
- Clothing and boots are provided
The job is based out of our Kitchener shop, but includes paid travel to and from the job site from our shop.
We thank all the candidates that apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.